WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Sphere 17 Regional Youth Service (RYS) provides a high-quality youth service to young people between the ages of 10 – 24, in the region of Dublin 17 and Kilbarrack area. We provide many different services to young people, based on their needs, issues and interests.
Check out our current strategic plan full and summary.
We have three youth centres located in Bonnybrook, Darndale and Priorswood, and also operate a youth space from St. Benedict’s Resource Centre in Kilbarrack. The service typically operates a 6-day week and opens until 10pm in at least one of the areas/centres from Monday to Friday.
The youth service is provided in line with the Service Level Agreement as issued by the City of Dublin Youth Services Board on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs. The Woodale Youth Justice Project is a Garda Youth Diversion Project funded through the Irish Youth Justice Service covering the Darndale and Priorswood area
Sphere 17 hopes for a future where all young people are valued. We want to see a society where young people have a voice, where young people are respected, and where they feel included, no matter what community they are from. We hope for a society where young people can get high quality support and have a real chance to be the best that they can be.
Sphere 17 believes all young people can achieve great things; some may need some support to do that. Our mission is to support young people to be the best that they can be.
We provide support in different ways, for different young people, as they need it. We do this through drop-ins, group work, one-to-one work, outreach and outings.
Some of our effective youth service programmes and activities
*2017 Service Reports
- The Back Yard project
- The Big Sparkle event
- 2-night regional residential
- Integration Week camping
- One-to-one support work
- Health & fitness youth group
- Education support through the Drive On programme
- Turn Violence into Love exhibition
- Youth trip to Bristol
- Environment and sustainable development projects
- Inner city helping homeless trip
- Young Mappers Project
- Listen Project
- We actively promote the participation of all young people in all aspects of our service.
- We aim to deliver our service in line with established best practice and in keeping with the equality and community based ethos that informs our
- We deliver services based on young people’s needs, interests, issues and age profile.
- We provide a range of services including recreational, educational, health, personal and social development.
- We provide professional services, by trained and Garda-vetted Youth Workers.
- We engage in a way that is open, creative and positive.
OUR YOUTH CENTRES
We have agreed on six key goals that we aim to achieve over the coming three years.
- Innovating Our One-to-One Support
- Understanding Our Impact
- Providing Better Mental Health Supports
- Providing Better Youth Employment Support
- Improving Our Communications
- Auditing Our Programmes