Congratulations to the 8 young people in Sphere 17 (Darndale) who successfully completed YOUth matters: The 3 C’s – Challenges, Choices and Consequences. YOUth matters: the 3 C’s is a Prevention and Early Intervention Programme (PEIP) designed to support young people on the path to their future.
We accomplished a lot…
The 3 C’s – connecting your thinking and attitudes to behaviour and outcomes; Team-building – we worked together and escaped in 58 minutes 50 seconds…nailed it!! (Escape VR); Anger – What is it? Identifying my triggers (balloon exercise), healthy ways to manage and cope with my anger (meditation…lots of nervous giggles included); Safe risk-taking and exposure to pro-social activities (Courtlough Tower – high ropes, zip line and the giant swing…Well Done Siobh…and breeeathe); Building relationships with the Gardaí, teamwork, listening and communication skills, problem-solving and decision-making…very nearly cracked the Giant’s Causeway (GoQuest); Peers – peer pressure, positive peers and personal responsibility (Tower Bay, Portrane Beach); Several epic cakes were also made…and devoured!!!
What are the benefits of participating in the programme?
- Young people are exposed to a variety of experiences to improve their physical, mental and emotional health and well-being.
- We support young people with the transition from primary school to secondary school
- Young people develop positive peer groups and are less likely to be involved in ‘at-risk’ or offending behaviour
- The Programme facilitates positive interactions with the Gardaí, young people and the local Community
- Young people are empowered to make better life choices, they are better equipped to cope with and manage the challenges they might encounter and they are aware of the consequences of their choices
- The Programme encourages personal responsibility and empowers young people to voice their thoughts, opinions and ideas regarding their needs
- Full attendance, active participation and engagement in the programme are rewarded with exciting pro-social activities.
Woodale Youth Justice Project are excited to be running another PEIP this summer in Priorswood…stay tuned for updates!!